Friday, April 22, 2011

The Lion and The Mouse

Do you remember that story of the big ferocious lion that got the thorn stuck in his paw and was all weak and helpless and the little mouse helped him? I think I am that mouse because beside the fact that Mouse is my nickname at home, I often find myself in situations where I'm helping out the "bigger" guy...or just someone you would think would have it down. Today I experienced this when someone I admired for their optimism and confidence and overall grasp at life began talking to me about things that put them at a more vulnerable level. This person that seemed to me to be unbreakable was opening up this well of weakness and uncertainty. I stayed quiet through most of it as I didn't expect it nor did I know how to respond to it, but I think my being there to listen may have helped. And also, I think the level of stability that I have managed to maintain and the ability to continue to grow and be a good person even with having the experience that was the subject of the "confession", allowed this person to see that their decision can turn out to not have the negative effects they were initially worried about. Never had this person come to me like this before and I didn't know how to feel about it at first, but thinking about it now, I've been that person a lot. Like if talking to me somehow answers problems. I hardly ever know what to say, but I think the fact that I turned out pretty okay is just proof that their decisions could go right. And most people just need the possibility of something good happening to let them know things will be okay. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's assuring someone that things can turn out alright as long as they don't make a direct decision to make things go wrong. If you do what you think is the best thing to do and you stick with it for as long as you think it is right, God will be sure to guide you to your goal. "All's well that ends well." If it's not well, it hasn't ended yet. That's how I feel about it at least.

Trusis,
Nasia o_O

No comments:

Post a Comment