Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Balloon

"I was inspired on the bus this morning by a little girl with a red balloon."


I was sitting on the bus this morning on my way to work and a little girl and her mom get on the buss and sit in front of me. The girl was about 4 years old. I don't remember what she was wearing, but she had a little hat on her head and a big red balloon in her hand. I began to think of things I could do with a red balloon and I thought of this. I want to create this little character from my head; have him modeled, rigged. He's gonna be walking around with a red balloon in a totally empty space. Everything is white. Even he's white. There are only shadows of ambient occlusion (look it up if you must). Well, and of course the balloon is red. He'll be walking around sort of lost in this little world as though he's looking for someone. I suppose his general age mind-set would be about 4-5. At some point he'll turn around and there will be a giant city behind him, but still no color. Just the red balloon. He walks through the city curiously. He goes to cross the street and gets about halfway before he hears a chuckle or a cat or something. im not sure what yet. he stops and looks over his shoulder. just then, a bus comes flying by as the camera pans up and screeching noises are heard. you see the red balloon float up to the power lines and pass the buildings and into the clouds. the camera then shows the street from one end and pans up again and you see the little guy standing in the middle of the street with his hands tight over his face and one knee up. the bus is stopped in the intersection with other people on it. the little guy walks toward the bus and sees a sign that says "HOME" He gets on and looks out the window. you see the reflection of the balloon in the sky on his window. The End. I dunno what it means, but it sounds real cool. XD Well, I gotta get him drawn up and storyboarded. Hasta la vista.
Trusis,
Nasia :P

No comments:

Post a Comment