Monday, May 16, 2011

A Poem in Pain

I just wanted to share this...


How do you do what's right
When the right thing feels so wrong
when no matter how you say it
the message's just too long
and the machine beeps before you're done
so you never get it all out on one track
all i did was call
but you never called back
all i did was love you
but you never loved back
why do i get to suffer
when i just wanted to love you
how could it feel so bad
i had given all i had
and i would've given more
but you walked out that door
and my last words should be goodbye
but i cant and i don't know why
and i love you but i hate that you
wont be who i know you are
because i didn't spend a year falling in love with
the pain that you cause me
and i don't even want to hear that you're sorry
because i know it's a lie
you're just another guy
another stupid boy
and you played me like a toy
i'm typing on this keyboard like its a piano
and the symphony's my pain
you're breaking me
to a point where i dont think i could regain
that feeling i once had.
not for you or any other
you've torn me to shreds
and tossed my pieces in the gutter
was i just another girl
another heart to write your name on
you said i love you first
but i'm still to put the blame on
or maybe not the blame but
i still get the pain
i'm tired of feeling like
i made the dumb decision
i can't take this feeling
like i'm stuck in your submission
like you're sitting on my chest
i can't breathe can't inhale
can't take a moment to think straight
with your thoughts chasing my tail
i can't wake up with peace of mind
would you mind leaving me alone
could you would you please
eject your seat and be released
set me free
let me let you go
you can't possibly know
how much misery i still suffer
because of you, i'm your unwanted lover
your insignificant other
i'm tired of the pain of your heart so cold
i've gotten to a point where i've got nothing left to gain
from you but all i want is to remain by you
thought i was done with this addiction
but you've become an infliction
upon my heart
a cancer with no answer
cure me of your curse
you had me in so deep too deep 
to just let heartbreak creep
into my heart my soul cries for you
my heart tries to remove what you've done
but you can't replace the bullet once you've pulled the trigger on the gun
and i'm tired of feeling the burn of that bullet
every time your face appears in my dreams
it seems i can't purge myself of your disease
so put my heart at ease
and please please please
just leave
how could you do this this to me
you used to be my baby
my one and only
my everything i ever wanted
never doubted
that you'd always be there
but now you're nowhere
to be found
and i'm down
on both knees
begging you to release
please send me back the keys
to my heart
cause your pulling my strings
a bit too hard
i put in all my cards
all my chips
but you still took a dip
in the wrong direction
left me here with nothing but a reflection
of myself and theres no you
to keep me warm on a cold night
to hold me up when my head's light
to make me feel better
when i just dont feel right
and theres nothing i could write
to make you come back
nothing i could say
to make you you come back my way
nothing i could do
to get you
to see that
you belonged with me
and it hurts but i gotta do it
dont wanna do it 
but if you asked me why
id look you in the eye
and if you cant see the pain
in my tears as i cry
then baby all i can say is goodbye

...I think the best part is shortly after writing this, my misery was set on max and then came to a closure. Like the last high point (or I guess low point in this situation) before a flat line. In the end, I don't feel like that up there anymore. Said goodbye and not looking back, but to remember what I've learned. Now, as I said before, I'm just doing what I do. Continuing to be the me that I was before I was ever even hurt the first time. The strange thing about this is that I've been set with a situation that I would have previously found very ideal in the area of newly opened opportunities...or more so, a possibly reopened opportunity. I'm leaving it for the end of this week to know for certain how I should possibly handle it or if I'll even need to. We shall see...

Peace,
Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment