Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mindset

When things aren't going the way I'd prefer them to go, I often find myself changing my mindset to better fit the situation as if I was changing the lens on a camera to focus properly in the current scene. It's an actual physical thing I can feel in my head when I change this "focus". I can't really explain it, but I know it's there. It's kind of like how my blog keeps going from wanting to find someone to be close to and then suddenly I'm done with that idea. I just hit a switch and my mind is changed. I suppose it's a sort of defense mechanism at times. I really notice it when someone catches my interest, it's like I flip a bunch of switches and all motives are to getting to know them better, but if I lose interest for one reason or another, the switches flip another way and I don't care as much. I'm not sure if I control it, but I feel the mindset change. It's probably the same thing that keeps me from bouncing off the walls when something exciting happens. I'll be excited, but I won't show it. I think the "Dance like a maniac" switch gets clicked off until very very special occasions...which I have yet to experience because I don't think I've ever danced for being excited about something. I want to be that excited one day....XD

Trusis,
Nasia :P

No comments:

Post a Comment