Friday, January 27, 2012

Naked and Crying

"I plan to start the new year the same way I started my life- naked and crying."
Totally just read that here. It's number 2691. Anyway, it sparked an idea in my mind about my 21st birthday. I don't even remember if I blogged about that, but I can tell you that I don't remember much of that night. I DO remember crying and being bathed though. Not sure about bright lights so much, I feel like my eyes were closed most of the time. I remember waking up the next morning wondering where I was: in my mom's bed. And what had happened the night before. I wasn't naked though. I had shorts and a sports bra, which I guess is less than I normally wake up in (pajamas). Either way, a lot was solved for me that night outside of my decision to not drink so much ever again and ultimately to maybe even just not drink anymore. I might sip a cooler or a fancy glass of champagne on another new year's day or something of that sort, but the casual drinking thing is pretty lame and unnecessary and, yea, you know my take on it if you've read my other blogs or just know me that well. Since that day, all of my songs have been labelled under the album title "Chapter 21." (Which I find amusing because of Adele's album 21 and such. Great minds think alike, yea?) Any who, turning 21 was a bit of a rebirth for me. Between 18 and 21, I've experienced, love, heartbreak, death, employment, unemployment, frustration, happiness, false hopes, anger, independence, success, failure, and many other things. I'm 9 months away from Chapter 22, but this one, as I'm sure I've said before, isn't going to be labelled a "chapter." Level 22, power ups, skill points, etc. That's what I'm going for. They can be called "Chapter 2011" and "Level 2012" even. That would be appropriate.

Peace and Love and Stuff,
<:3 )~

No comments:

Post a Comment