Sunday, February 5, 2012

Deeper Purpose

You ever have a moment where you feel like you were put in someone's life for a specific reason or like they were put in yours for a reason. Like a deeper purpose than just to know each other. It's like a moment where it just sort of hits you like an epiphany where you're almost in an out of body experience and you're looking at yourself and you just feel like you were put here in this situation for more than just the surface reason.

What I'm getting at is, I've been put in Chula Vista with this awesome job with my brother, but it's been so much more than that. I've gotten to know my coworkers and all of course. But I've really gotten to know my boss, too. And I've found I really care about all of their lives. And it feels like between my brother and my boss there's this deeper relationship so much so that they remind me of each other. And I see how they are and their vulnerabilities and strengths. And I'm often in a position of observing their interactions or conversations and I'm a part of them as well, but I mostly just listen. And I really care about it all. I care about these people greatly and specifically with my brother and my boss, I feel like my presence in their worlds is both making me grow and somehow helping them, too. I don't feel like I'm just another employee or artist or something.

I don't know if I'm making any sense. Hm...here's an example. One night my boss' wife drove me home from work and we were talking about random stuff and I was getting to know her and I was really interested and cared about what she was saying. And it felt really awesome to be a part of these peoples' lives. I'm not just a cog in this machine. And this machine is so much more organic than mechanic. It's just awesome.

I love this job and the people I work with. I'm extremely thankful for it all.

Thank You,
Donasia

No comments:

Post a Comment