Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Prayer



Lord,

You have never steered me wrong.

In your hands I lay my heart.

With your help I will be strong.

From me, this pain shall part.

I put all my trust in you.

And I will worry no longer

Whatever you ask, I'll do.

For you make me stronger.

And Lord I know I'm a sinner

Forever grateful for your forgiveness

I need you now more than ever

To help cure this world of sickness

Not colds Lord I mean hate

I know you see it from your seat above

I'm not trying to spread the faith

Just want to infect the world with love

Lord I see you taking your angels home

A few you've accepted from my family

I know they sit beside you on your throne

I know they greeted you happily

Their lives put hope in the fallen

And their love for this world was immense

Lord I'm following their calling

So let's let this healing commence

My heart and soul are at your fingertips

I know they're only mine to borrow

So let them be like cargo ships

And bring love to this world of sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment