Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Selfish Deeds

Even in my brightest times you manage to bring me to tears without even being here. It used to be the opposite. You brought a smile to my face when I wasn't feeling okay, but now you only seem to appear when no one else is near. No one to tell me it's alright or that they love me or hold me tight. Only when I'm most vulnerable and I tell my closest friends I wish I never picked him because now I'm stuck being the victim of his devious plan. I almost gave him my hand in marriage if he woulda asked it he coulda had it, but now he's four fingers short. All I'll give him is the middle. Don't fiddle with my heart. If you can't finish the story, don't start. Every time I think I'm finally done here you come to put out my sun shine...but I'll find better days. I'll find better ways to protect myself from people like you, who do only the most selfish of deeds. But I'll find my rose among the weeds. And you'll just be a bad nightmare in my sea of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment