Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Death

Death,

What are you?

What ARE you?

I can't wrap my mind around you. I can't look behind you. I can't see through you.

But you pick and prod away at my heart strings.

You phantom harp player.

Coming and going as you please

With not so much as a whisper in the night

As you pass

Not even a goodbye.

You have taken the most God-loving, to even those who love to joke about him, to those who could never even fathom what a God could even be.

Behind you is a trail of the fearful, the hopeful, and the confused...

My mind aches to unravel you...

But your language is of an unspoken tongue

You are cryptic in your crypt keeping...

I don't understand.

I don't know if I ever will.

And that leaves me uneasy...

Forever feeling in my heart that my loved ones are SOMEWHERE

But where...

I can't fathom...

Somewhere only the phantom harp player knows...

My mind stretches only far enough for me to know they are somewhere beyond my heart...

And that I will be there, too, one day.

I don't understand you, death.

I don't know what happens to souls when they leave bodies.

I can't help but continuously try and try to solve your algorithm like another puzzle in the palm of my hand...

You are beyond words and numbers and simple human thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment